Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mont Saint Michel

Continuing with my travel posts.

This time - Mont Saint Michel

It is a small tidal island and part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The island is just off the coast of Lower-Normandy.

Though it's definitely very picturesque and nice, I was a bit disappointed. I studied about this place in art history so I expected the place to be very historic and mighty, when in reality the streets were filled with souvenir shops, restaurants, hotels, etc. I admit, it looked absolutely amazing from the distance and the view was great from the top, but the some of the inside was a let-down, at least for me.
All in all, I'm still more than happy that I went  there - it's still Mont Saint Michel, one of the most beautiful sights in Normandy.
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

zebra-nails said...

So beautiful!

Marias Nail Art said...

What an amazing view from there...!

Dilan Dilir said...

the photos are amazing!

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous!!!

Cuti-CLUE-les said...

Amazing. I know what you mean. I remember admiring some gorgeous sites in art history but the reality is completely different.

nail crazy said...

gorgeous place, great photos :D

Rainbowify Me said...

Great pictures, it looks fantastic!

Post a Comment