Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lava Nails

I had several reds and a black crackle polish - I had to try out the lava nails.
So this is what it all looked liked before the crackle - blotchy and streaky, yet I actually liked it. Especially my right hand thumb.

Polishes used:
Mereneid's yellow polish
MIYO Mini Drops in Orange
ARTDECO #305 (bright red)
Wild and Crazy in Angelica (bright red with small shimmer)

I put them on pretty randomly, starting with the lightest and adding the reds. I didn't let anything dry. In the end I went over everything with the yellow polish to mix the colors together.
With the crackle.
I used Depend Cracked Effect in black (5001).

Looks pretty legit, don't you think?
Pin It Now!

14 comments:

nail crazy said...

cool, it actually looks good even without crackle :-D

Marias Nail Art said...

I like it with and without the crackle, great lava effect!

~SillyCR said...

That's pretty cool!

Jacqueline Colman said...

wow this is so freaking cool!! i'll have to try this :) an amazing way to use the crackle!

Pixie~Nails said...

Ooooooh! I like! And I agree, love both looks. :)

Tintin said...

wow this is cool, reminds me of a fire dragon egg I guess ^^

Lizzy said...

So awesome!!! :D

Cynthia said...

It has been eons since I have used crackle! This looks pretty freaking awesome!

Meredith Anne said...

This is fantastic!

Olivia C. said...

Wow! It does look good without the crackle, but it's so awesome with it!

Pretty Little Things said...

Omg, they look amazing! Great idea, too :)

Carina MM said...

Now I will always think about lava when wearing black crackle nail polish. Good job!!!

Jennifer [littlejsnailcorner] said...

Wow what an amazing mani! Great job!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, before and after both look awesome! :D

Post a Comment