Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

An end of an era - a phrase that sums up how I felt when I left the movie theater.

I grew up reading and watching Harry Potter books and movies, when I was 11 I secretly hoped that I'll receive an acceptance letter from Hogwarts (still waiting). I saw every single movie with my older brother, it was our little tradition.

This last movie was everything I had expected - an epic finish to an epic saga. It's rare that there isn't a single thing I didn't like in this movie, even the things that were a bit different from the book.

I was so concentrated on the movie that I even forgot to eat my candy - and that never happens!

I've read the book, I knew what's going to happen there, and I knew I'll get teary-eyed, to say the least. I was prepared for bawling my eyes out, but surprisingly, I managed to hold myself back, which in no way doesn't mean that the movie wasn't moving, it was just a personal breakthrough.

I am truly glad that they decided to make the last book into two movies, if the first one was more drama, then this one was all action, it was perfectly balanced.

I can't help to talk about this movie in superlative, I liked it that much! It ended the whole Harry Potter saga with a bang, that it deserved.

On Tuesday, I'll do a whole post about my Harry Potter manicure. ;)

Have you already seen the movie? How much did you like it?


Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Dilan Dilir said...

I have not seen uit yet,I saw the first part in germany but I really want to see the second part here in sweden :( must go and watch it! love harry potter!

Esther said...

ik heb eigenlijk alleen de vierde film gezien hahaha, ik weet het.
xxxx

City Girl said...

i haven't seen it yet but i can't wait!! it is the end of an era indeed since i grew up reading these books too!

Sandwich de Dinausore said...

Harry Potter ! It's so good ! :)
xoxo

Sherin said...

Still need to watch it! I usually watch it on the first day, but didn't get the chance. It really is the end of an era!! I've been reading the books since I was 11 as well, and practically grew up on them.

Guy Polish (Jim) said...

My daughters and I always go and see them together. We fought over who was hogging the book when we both wanted to be the first to finish. Harry Potter has been part of our family. I am sad it is done. The last movie was great.

Dilan Dilir said...

wish you had a wonderful day! :)

moonstruck-expose said...

Ekkkk, I see it tmr night!!! I cannot wait!!!!!

moonstruck exposé

x. juliana

Vasu said...

wow, seeming awesome, i m planning to watch this week. Can;t wait to see it


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Michelle's Style File said...

So pleased to hear the last movie is great! I haven't seen it yet.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Syrious said...

can't wait to watch it!!!
xoxo

Syriously in Fashion
Kandee Shoes GIVEAWAY!!!

Collections said...

I am the same as you for me it felt like the end of an era I began reading the books when I was ten and now I'm 22! I have to admit it was very emotional for me not just the movie itself but all that it meant about my life etc. I really liked it a lot and can't wait to see it again. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it's all over and we'll never get to see all those fabulous actors as Harry, Ron and Hermione any more.


Fashionable Collections

HappytPumpkin said...

That was exactly how I felt. Everything added was perfect, if anything was left out I didnt notice. For the first time I found myself leaving and not having a single bad thing to say. Also, I love how they portrayed Neville.

Post a Comment